Southern New Hampshire Health is made up of Southern New Hampshire Medical Center and its affiliated multi-specialty provider group, Foundation Medical Partners. The Health System is committed to the improvement, maintenance and preservation of the health of people in the greater Nashua area.
For over a century, Southern New Hampshire Medical Center has grown right along with the Gate City. What began as an 8-bed emergency hospital in 1891 has grown to a 188-bed acute care facility that retains the personal touch of a traditional community hospital while offering patients the resources of a regional medical center. Located in the heart of downtown Nashua, the Medical Center today has a medical staff of over 500 primary and specialty care providers from Foundation Medical Partners, Dartmouth-Hitchcock Nashua and local independent practices. The hospital is now housed on two Nashua campuses and continues its 125-year tradition of providing innovative health programs and preventive health resources to the community.
Formed in 1992, Foundation Medical Partners is the second largest multi-specialty practice group in New Hampshire. The Foundation includes over 240 primary care and specialty providers in 60 practices, with offices in communities throughout the greater Nashua area.
Southern New Hampshire Health is committed to improving, maintaining, and preserving the overall health and well-being of individuals living in the greater Nashua area by providing information, education, and access to exceptional health and medical care services.
Our wealth of resources are clinically aligned and integrated into patient centered information rich systems of care that enhance satisfaction, quality and safety.
- A higher level of care means we believe in treating you the way we would like to be treated.
- It starts with empathy —listening to how you feel and working to understand your needs.
- It continues with respect —spending quality time to explain things.
- Communication is important —we work as a team to keep each other, including you and your family, informed about your care.
- Relationships are built on trust —something that is yours to give, and that we seek to earn in everything we do.
- A higher level of care is more than words. Our people make it happen every day.
- 188-bed acute care facility
- Over 500 primary and specialty care providers from Foundation Medical Partners
- Over 120 years of service
- Foundation Medical Partners includes over 240 primary care and specialty providers
- The Foundation has 60 practices throughout the greater Nashua area
- Nursing Excellence: Southern New Hampshire Medical Center has earned recognition as a Magnet-designated hospital, there are less than 400 in the country and only four in New Hampshire.
- DNV GL: The Medical Center is proud to have earned accreditation by DNV GL in 2014.
- Stroke Award: The Medical Center is proud to be a Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award winner from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association’s “Get with the Guidelines” program.
- Cardiac Rehabilitation Award: Our Cardiac Rehabilitation program has achieved national certification from the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation (AACVPR), making it one of only 1,300 such programs in the country with this distinction. Cardiac patients receive the highest level of rehabilitation services here at The Medical Center.
- Cancer Program Award: The best in today’s cancer care can be found in a Commission on Cancer (COC) approved oncology program, like the one at Southern New Hampshire Medical Center. In November 2014, The Medical Center’s Cancer Program once again earned a three-year accreditation from the Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons, ensuring quality care close to home. Learn more about our Cancer Committee.
- Laboratory Excellence: The main Laboratory at Southern New Hampshire Medical Center, including the Blood Bank and Transfusion Services, as well as the Blood Gas Laboratory, were awarded accreditation by the Commission on Laboratory Accreditation of the College of American Pathologists (CAP). The CAP program is one of the most well-respected accreditation programs in the world and has long been considered the “gold standard” of quality care. The rigorous accreditation process ensures the highest standard of care for laboratory patients.
- Breast Health Excellence: The deNicola Breast Health Center, fully accredited in breast MRI, ultrasound, mammography and 3D tomosynthesis, and stereotactic biopsy by the American College of Radiology, earned high marks from the Food and Drug Administration for meeting the Mammography Quality Standards Act. In addition, the deNicola Breast Health Center has been designated a Center of Excellence by the American College of Radiology–one of only a few in the state and the only one in Nashua designated as a nationally accredited breast center by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC).
- Southern New Hampshire Medical Center is a past recipient of a national award for providing high quality care while reducing costs that led to the selection as a pilot Accountable Care Organization (ACO) by former Governor John Lynch. Press Ganey.
Southern New Hampshire Health is proud to be a preferred employer in our region, a reflection of our support of healthy lifestyles, and work-life balance that is uniquely family friendly.
Massachusetts General Hospital Affiliate
Our clinical affiliation with Massachusetts General Hospital includes Mass General physicians, on the ground as members of our care teams in southern New Hampshire. Our patients have access to medical advances, clinical trials, research, and new treatments from Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard University’s first and largest teaching hospital, recognized as the #1 hospital in the nation by U.S. News and World Report.
The benefits of working for Southern New Hampshire Health are many, and include the personal satisfaction that accompanies a career helping people. Staff flourish in a supportive, empowering environment among other professionals who value their commitment. Our annual employee engagement survey results are consistently among the highest in the New England region.
Southern New Hampshire Health is currently participating in several clinical studies including Nashua Dermatology Associates, Foundation Hematology/Oncology, Nashua Rheumatology and the Southern New Hampshire Medical Center (Institutional Review Board). Get more details on our clinical trials here.